Kurow Museum & Information Centre Roof Replacement

Built in 1880, the Kurow Museum & Information Centre building was constructed as a dance hall detached from the Kurow Hotel - music and dancing were not permitted in hotels, and they were no place for women. The building now houses a well presented pioneer museum with over 2,000 photographs and exhibits including fossils from the area and artifacts from pre-European predecessors whose history is not shared elsewhere.

The Kurow Museum Committee operating under the Waitaki Valley Community Society Incorporated are currently replacing the carpet.

Contact Us or call in to the Centre at 57 Bledisloe Street, Kurow between 9.30am and 4.00 pm week days for more information.